Thursday, July 17, 2014

We have a Title!!

It's way past time for a blog post!! I have so many things going on and I want to be able to share and have it all documented somehow so I can read back years from now and remember how amazing it all was.

First off - it's still real!! I really did sell to Love Inspired Suspense through the KillerVoices contest!

I found out just this morning that the story previously known as - In the Wind - will be book when it grows up and it's name will be - Royal Rescue. I'm tickled pink. I love it. How about you? Getting a title was a fun process. I brainstormed a long list which I sent off to my wonderful editor. (I love saying that) From that list, the powers that be came up with Royal Rescue. It still makes me giddy.

It's been a while since I've talked about the story, so just as a refresher - Thea James (aka Dorthea Jamison, Princess of Portase) meets and eventually falls in love with bodyguard, Ronin Parrish. Of course they have a lot of bumps in the road (literally) along the way, but they definitely have their happily ever after.

Thea
I worked a lot today on writing a thirty word teaser for the story. I finally came up with one, but I like the slightly longer version better -

After the murder of her father, Princess Thea James was hidden away for her own safety. Years later, Ronin Parrish must bring her home at any cost, for her memories hold secrets that will free his father and see justice done.



I hope that gives it that suspenseful edge that makes people want to know more about what is going on.
Ronin

Over the last several days I've been busy working on coming up with title suggestions, sending in image suggestions to help with cover design. Thankfully, I had several ready on my story board on Pinterest. I've also been working on the revisions I need to do on the story that will make it ready to read.  I'm still loving Thea and Ronin. Part of me will be sad when I'm finished with my part of the book and start to work on the next story. (which has already been waking me up at terribly early hours of the morning with ideas)

One of the many things I love about Thea is her strength. She's been through a lot, but she hasn't let her circumstances define her, instead the hardships she's faced have made her more determined to stay strong. The best part of that strength is how it surprises the hero and catches him totally off-guard from the very beginning. I love doing that to heroes.

Ronin has faced his fair share of adversity as well. It's cost him to lose faith slightly, but after only a few days with Thea, it becomes apparent to him that he'd never totally turned his back on beliefs. That is one of the best things about characters falling in love - when the realize the little bits of themselves that they find in the other person. 

Thea and Ronin have that and I can't wait to see if other people notice it in them as well. I guess I will have to wait until April, but it will be here soon enough. 

6 comments:

Mary Curry said...

I love this, Tammy. You've done a great job intriguing me as the future reader. ;)

Love reading about your journey.

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you, Tammy! You are awesome!

Unknown said...

Thank you guys!! I actually did a little happy dance at the post office today when I mailed the contract back. Pretty sure the lady thought I was bonkers. But I'm just so excited.

Unknown said...

Tammy, although I haven't replied yet to your blog I've been following along your posts since April--you know WAY back when we were rocking Team Shana! Look at where you are now, talking titles, hush. Lol!

And what a title -fans self-. Those powers that be know their way around a hook-y alliterative.

Hopefully we'll have a blog post titled "We have a Pub Date!". Followed shortly by "We have a Cover!" and "We have a Giveaway!" xD

Unknown said...

I am really looking forward to those future posts. :) I get really excited thinking about what the cover might be like and can't wait for the big reveal. :) Thank you!

Anonymous said...

So excited for you!